Are you a Young Farmer? If you are between the ages of 18-40, a resident of Nova Scotia, and interested in Agriculture, you can become a voting member of Nova Scotia Young Farmers!
What are some of the benefits to being a NSYF member?
- Meet and network with young farmers from your area and beyond
- Have your voice heard both provincially & nationally
- Access information for education & training
- Receive email updates of NSYF meetings & Events
- Receive industry news relevant to young farmers
- Provided voting eligibility
- Be eligible for nomination to the NSYF Board
Who are members of Nova Scotia Young Farmers?
With Nova Scotia being so rich in agricultural diversity, we encourage youth from every aspect of the agricultural industry to be a part of our organization.
Our membership has included:
- Young people currently working on their family farm, towards succession, ownership or partnership
- Organic and conventional farmers
- Herdsmen, field managers, farm machinery operators
- Youth entrepreneurs who are involved in the agriculture industry
- Consultants, accountants and managers
- Large and small scale farmers
- Former 4-H members
- Students from various schools – high school and post-secondary
- Urban, suburban and rural residents
- Board members from commodity and associated industry groups
Learn more about becoming a member by reviewing our membership application form, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org